- Systems Design Engineer with experience in Management and Project Management
- Strives to solve interdisciplinary, technical problems while always considering the end user
- Skills in software design and implementation
- Aviation (anything that flies)
- Mining and Minerals
- Mobile Equipment
- Software Design and Implementation
Head of Engineering | Tracks and Wheels | Aug 2018 to present
- Revised and updated engineering processes.
- Updated engineering database design.
- Managed and direct multiple engineering projects.
- Managed and directed team of 4 engineers.
- Performed one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Ran daily standup meetings.
- Coordinated bi-weekly project status update meetings.
- Responsible for electrical and hydraulic design on multiple utility vehicles.
EV Project Manager | Tracks and Wheels | Apr 2017 to Aug 2018
- Managed design of electrical and software systems on electric vehicles by directing design work and facilitating meetings to define functional requirements. Specified requirements and built schematics in order to obtain a design for prototyping.
- Oversaw completion of electric vehicle prototypes by directing shop personnel and prioritizing issues.
- Designed control systems and software for electric vehicles using PLC programming.
Junior Engineer - EV Project | Tracks and Wheels | Sep 2016 to Dec 2016
- Designed HMI and software system for the Commander 5 EV
Project Management Student | JD Irving | Jan 2016 to Mar 2016
- Managed industrial equipment installation projects by gathering project requirements, selecting hardware vendors and supervising contractors during installation of equipment.
- Liaised with third party engineers, suppliers and management personnel to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Installed a more reliable gas flow sensor, allowing the company to bill up to $700,000 per year in revenue.
Junior Engineer | Tracks and Wheels | May 2015 to Aug 2015
- Programmed PLC and HMI for new Diesel machine (Commander 5).
- Worked with other engineers to build machine logic.
- Worked with technicians to test and debug software and logic.
- Worked with technicians to troubleshoot electrical system issues.
R&D Software Developer | The Weather Network | Sep 2014 to Dec 2014
- Developed backend server systems using Python and PostgreSQL to transform and serve weather radar data.
- Worked with a team to develop new weather presentation techniques.
IT Systems Administrator | Tracks and Wheels | Jan 2014 to Present
- Migrated entire company Exchagne server from on-premise to Office 365.
- Aided in implementation of dealer management system change by extracting data from legacy system and implementing network changes to improve system capability.
- Replaced network firewall and email spam filtering system to increase network speed and reduce spam emails.
- Maintained and upgraded windows and Linux servers.
Quality Assurance Engineer | Samsung Electronics | Jan 2014 to Mar 2014
- Tested mobile devices using regression testing to ensure updated software met stability and functional criteria.
- Wrote code to parse test output files and display results, eliminating one hour of analysis per data connectivity test.
Touchdown Flight TrackerDesigned, implemented and tested a flight tracking app for students and private pilots to automatically detect and log flights into a digital logbook.
BASc, Systems Design Engineering - Management Sciences Option
With Distinction, Deans Honours List
University of Waterloo
- Engineering Mathematics
- Software Design
- Control Systems
- Human Factors and User Centered Design
- Probability and Statistics